Friday, March 18, 2011

Concreation. Huh?

Yes, this is a philadendron. A fabulous green concrete creation.
Constance Mele makes a cast from each leaf using high-strength concrete. After slow curing, she protects each piece with an anti-fungal, anti-moss sealing agent. Each leaf is hand-painted and has a durable polyurethane final coat.

This saw palmetto is my favorite-such a rich turquoise with a cute little shell. I use this to display jewelry (quite beautifully, I might add).
Now tell me this isn't the cutest brussel sprout bowl you have ever seen. Most of her pieces have shells added as embellishments.
What a beautiful birdbath this giant elephant ear would make. Constance has several different colors available.
Enjoy this beautiful weekend!!!! Cannot wait to get to work in my yard. I'm leaving Joolz in very capable hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Decorate this post with your good taste here: